Tel: (011) 339-4911
Fax: (011) 339-5080/339-6940
Email: donald @ cosatu . org . za
For comments on the website email: email@example.com
Media Centre | Articles
Inspirational quotes from Nelson Mandela
9 July 2015
Nelson Mandela, South Africa’s first black president, Nobel Prize winner and anti-Apartheid icon passed away on Thursday at his home in Johannesburg at the age of 95. By any standard, Madiba, as he was fondly referred to by those who loved him, lived a robust, fulfilling and impactful life. Few people have had as much impact on history as Madiba had. History will remember him as one of the greatest men who ever lived – an incredibly selfless man who made so much of a sacrifice to re-write the history of generations of South Africans and the world. Source: Forbes
1. "We dedicate this day to all the heroes and heroines in this country and the rest of the world who sacrificed in many ways and surrendered their lives so that we could be free.
2. “Few things make the life of a parent more rewarding and sweet as successful children.” – Nelson Mandela
3. “Resentment is like drinking poison and then hoping it will kill your enemies.” - Nelson Mandela
4. Our children are our greatest treasure. They are our future. Those who abuse them tear at the fabric of our society and weaken our nation. - National Men`s March, 1997
5. Never, never and never again shall it be that this beautiful land will again experience the oppression of one by another and suffer the indignity of being the skunk of the world - Nelson Mandela, Inaugural Address, Pretoria 9 May 1994.
6. “I HAVE fought against white domination, and I have fought against black domination. I have cherished the ideal of a democratic and free society in which all persons will live together in harmony with equal opportunities. It is an ideal which I hope to live for, and to see realised. But my Lord, if needs be, it is an ideal for which I am prepared to die.”- Defence statement during the Rivonia Trial, 1964
7. “No one is born hating another person because of the colour of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.” - Long Walk to Freedom.
8. A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination.
9. When people are determined they can overcome anything.
10. I like friends who have independent minds because they tend to make you see problems from all angles