Tel: (011) 339-4911
Fax: (011) 339-5080/339-6940
Email: donald @ cosatu . org . za
For comments on the website email: firstname.lastname@example.org
SADTU Kwa-Zulu Natal Provincial March
10 October 2017
SADTU in KZN is convening a media briefing which is scheduled as follows:-
Date : 10 October 2017 (Tuesday)
Venue : SADTU House 2nd Floor
Time : 10h00
The leadership is convening the media briefing to share with the public the reasons why the Union is marching on the 13th of October 2017 in Durban.
The issues will include:
- Failure of the Department of Education to fill vacant posts and subsequent freezing thereof.
- Observable and continued failure to pay rural incentives to qualifying educators in time.
- Failure to transfer financial allocations to schools leading to dysfunctionality in schools.
- Moratorium on the filling of posts for clerical staff in schools and in the offices of the department.
- Reduction of kilometers travelled by office based staff.
- Lack of accountability in appointment of educators in the department.
- Lack of safety and security in our schools.
- Job description of clerks, cleaners and security.
- Infrastructure challenges.
- Re-employment to teachers after a break of service.
Media is invited
Issued by the Provincial Secretariat on behalf of the Provincial Executive Committee
082 611 7027
Deputy Provincial Secretary
082 611 7028